The contest was opened in early February of 2015 and accepted entries until March 6, 2015 (extended due to bad weather). The NAHS supplied seven $10 gift card awards to recognized one student from every building and one adult winner for the district. It is the intention of the NAHS that this become an annual event.
CHECK BACK SOON FOR CONTEST WINNERS!
Below is the text of the announcement page as it ran this year...
THE RULES ARE SIMPLE:
- either shoot or crop your best photo to square format
- print it as a 6"x6" image (centered) on a vertical 8 1/2" x 11" paper
- photos can be black and white or color
- Fill out the entry form (link below), tape it to the back of the photo
- send it to Chris Martin or Sarah Maclay at SASHS. One entry allowed per person.
ALL PHOTOS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN MARCH 4, 2015
Shoot with your cell phone, iPod, digital point and shoot, or DSLR... you name it!
SHOW US HOW YOU CAN THINK INSIDE THE BOX!
THE PRIZES AND SHOW:
All of the photos will be displayed in an exhibit in the new wing at the high school during the month of March. The winning entries (1 student winner from each school, 1 adult winner from the district) will be displayed in a special gallery on the Art Department's website. Winners will receive a $10 gift card to Sheetz, supplied by the National Art Honor Society.